Saturday 8 November 2008

6 Most Important Decision [Part 1]

I finally got hold of the book that me and my friends collectively bought. Now it's finally my turn to read it. I am a frequent reader of self-improvement books since I do need them from time to time. I actually have 1 GB folder that is full of such books. One of my favourite writers are:

1. Joe Vitale
2. Bob Proctor
3. Napoleon Hill

And I think I have finally found another writer to add to this list! Sean Covey! I just can't stop admiring him! He has written such a great book that is just not words, words and words but it's very practical and eye opening for me! The book's name is "The Six Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make. [For Teens]".

This book is simply amazing and it is a highly interactive book. It's like there are three people when I read this book. Sean Covey, Me and the hidden me who fears to reveal herself! I everytime feel relieved when he says "You do have a choice!". And it's not a lie...it's true! I do have a choice!

In the starting he has mentioned that we all have a remote control with us. Through this remote we channel our moods, thinking and day-to-day life. When I read that, it hit me that my remote control is on auto pilot mode. It itself changes according to the surrounding. And this has literally ruined my life and damaged my self-confidence as well as my self- esteem. No one is to be blamed but me, since I allowed it. I am planning to get it back...it is going to be tough since I am used to this auto pilot but I can't see being in the same misery for the rest of my life!

Further on, I came across a point where he mentions that the "Yes Man" is the most miserable of all! And it's right! Being too polite can be damn costly and well I am saying this out of first hand experience! It's OK to be a bit selfish and certainly OK if you've spend too much time trying to make others happy! I'll be working on that too as well.

What I loved the most...is when he said "Life isn't a competition, especially when it comes to relationships..." . Lately, I have been trying to compare myself with the other family members. Subconciously...trying to make them feel that, "HA! I am better than you all." I am not proud of this...and I will most certainly try to take them with me towards my success. My Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) once said something like whoever mistreats his family members can never be trusted or can never treat anyone else fairly. And it is true! Today majority of the youth give more priority to their friends than to their family. It's not wise at all. Ya we all need a "me" time but we shouldnt always over do it! Because like it or not family will remain there while your friends will drift away gradually, engrossed in their own lives.

I haven't yet completed this book yet and Ive already been wooed by it! Great job sean....I don't know about others but it will certainly make a difference in my life! Thank you. :)

No comments: